I believe that procrastination keeps the majority of human beings from getting the most out of life. What is it exactly? The word procrastination literally means to leave something "for tomorrow." It comes from the Latin words pro (for) and cras (tomorrow). Procrastination is the postponement of something that you know you should do. There are no "born" procrastinators; they develop their bad habits one step at a time. And that's how you can develop new habits to defeat procr
Lack of exercise is a well-known cause of chronic fatigue. Research studies have found that of all people who visit doctors to complain about problems of fatigue, only about 20% require medical treatment. What about the other 80%? They suffer from the effects of a sedentary lifestyle-in the overwhelming majority of cases the cause of chronic fatigue is a lack of exercise. And people who complain of chronic fatigue also tend to be victims of procrastination. When is your energ
Benjamin Franklin, who knew how to conquer procrastination as well as anyone, said that "by failing to prepare you are preparing to fail." How do you plan your work? And if you don't plan, how do you know if you're reaching your goals? It's time to find out.
Make a list of everything you've been putting off at work. Not just the big things, but all the little things, too. Then, make another list of everything you've been putting off at home-large tasks and small ones. If yo
People get stuck in a lifestyle of procrastination because they believe their own excuses for not taking action. Procrastination is the main reason that people fail to live richer and more fulfilling lives. If you're stuck in a rut of continual procrastination, make up your mind to stop making excuses. If you've been making excuses for putting things off, here's how to take charge of your life. First, think about all the things you've been postponing-at work, at home, in your
Did you know that procrastination is the No. 1 cause of stress? Have you ever wondered why the most successful entrepreneurs-people like Bill Gates, for instance-always seem so relaxed in interviews and public appearances? They work harder than most of us and they make billion-dollar decisions that the rest of us will never have to face in life, yet they never seem stressed out, worried, or depressed. Why not? Research shows that stress is caused by leaving too many things u